A BRIEF HISTORY OF LOMOND
G.R. Plumb opened the area’s first post office in 1910, and it was known as Brunetta. With the arrival of the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1914, the post office shifted to the new town site and was renamed Lomond, presumably for Loch Lomond in Scotland.
1916 – Lomond became a village. To view more information regarding Lomond’s 100th in 2016, please visit www.lomond100.com